Nat's at the Boat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sherman

sherman
  • Beta Testers
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:21 AM

I attended the 07 Nat's and was very disappointed with my skiing on the Friday race, the course and conditions on Upperbasher where perfect, I totally missed the setup on the edges, my fault, I have no one to blame but myself, came back on Saturday after a bottom grind and a few hours of waxing the night before and finished with a very close second(.007 off first). Any other cry in your beer stories out there? Rob

#2 Gary Dranow

Gary Dranow
  • Root Admin
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(sherman @ Apr 5 2007, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I attended the 07 Nat's and was very disappointed with my skiing on the Friday race, the course and conditions on Upperbasher where perfect, I totally missed the setup on the edges, my fault, I have no one to blame but myself, came back on Saturday after a bottom grind and a few hours of waxing the night before and finished with a very close second(.007 off first). Any other cry in your beer stories out there? Rob

ARE YOU KIDDING!  You got many excuses, #101, #103 and most importantly #1, YOUR COACHES LET YOU DOWN!!   angry.gif

I'll have to get on them for not having you better prepared  biggrin.gif

"Developing Faster Racers is MY Passion"

ModernSkiRacing

NASTAR Race Record / MASTERS Race Record

#3 sherman

sherman
  • Beta Testers
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(Gary Dranow @ Apr 5 2007, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ARE YOU KIDDING!  You got many excuses, #101, #103 and most importantly #1, YOUR COACHES LET YOU DOWN!!   angry.gif
I'll have to get on them for not having you better prepared  biggrin.gif

Well, during the ski clinic, it was discussed, bottom grinding was not recommended the night before a race and I agree to that as well, what I did not realize was how bad my skis really where, I had them done for the clinic, they worked well, I should have checked the edges after they where done locally for the Friday race, the wax was PERFECT, the edges not so good. Anyway, enough crying, the clinic was great, Warren even got a few things into my thick skull.    Rob